Art Alexion on 15 Dec 2011 07:55:56 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] I have had time to consider and may now comfortably hate Unity.
- From: Art Alexion <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] I have had time to consider and may now comfortably hate Unity.
- Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:55:50 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=Y8AHrcgRibX9m4S3BGLkCMc4FuTYGvM59snON5cNlhI=; b=o7guqqHpNrlPSlZJ7dUsjM/QDz9TvwJgGbiZIix+yRK4WTMzFm91rfIOzfHZpGLil8 GJyrYO7IDeCXPfIckUlR6OO3e6Cf89i0RKlzK3De4i40T6flEBQOA9S3ulkaUF1K3o0S 2KFpwyuJP2KXi+fFrjSmPLalH5DPg7+isM9uU=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM, Alex Launi <email@example.com>
I'm curious what your beefs with unity in the first place are. What do you mean a kiosk interface? I find unity to be hands down the best shell I've ever used. Faster, more intuitive, with great keyboard shortcuts that make my life wicked easy. And the stuff we've got brewing is unreal.
*disclaimer* I work for Canonical on Unity.
The disclaimer may be why you like Unity. That is, you know the really not obvious keyboard shortcuts, etc. If you didn't, you might agree that it is one of the most cumbersome mouse interfaces I have ever used.
With KDE 4, and Windows 7, I can't remember the last time I used menus -- click start or kmenu, type the app you want to run, hit enter or choose a prediction. The lack of this feature is the thing I dislike most about OS X. I assume that I can still Alt+F2 in Ubuntu and do this, but that horrible docky thing... ugh...
Μιλάω ή γαϊδουρια κλάνωv?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug