Walt Mankowski on 16 Dec 2011 09:05:43 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux distributions without version upgrades

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:36:15AM -0500, Russ Wenner wrote:
> > Any words of wisdom, advice and caution greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>

> > Regards
> > -- Bhaskar
>
> I have had good success with "Linux Mint Debian Edition" which is a
> rolling distribution based on Debian Testing
> http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1818

I've been running plain old Debian Testing for years. If you use the
apt-listbugs package (which checks for outstanding critical bugs in
each package before upgrading) you can stay pretty current while
avoiding most of the bleeding edge issues.

Walt