Casey Bralla on 29 Dec 2011 09:30:52 -0800

[PLUG] Nouveau. Was Linux distributions without version upgrades

On Thursday 29 December 2011 12:16:43 PM K.S. Bhaskar wrote:

> This week, I experimented with Linux Mint Debian Edition as suggested by

> Russ Wenner (thanks for the suggestion). Of the three - Arch, Gentoo and

> LMDE - I got furthest fastest with LMDE. The live image booted without a

> fuss, it installed cleanly and I didn't have to do anything to get the GUI

> working. The Nvidia proprietary drivers (I do plan to switch to the nouveau

> drivers one of these days) went in without complaint.

Anybody have any experience with the Nouveau drivers? I've been using the nvidia drivers for ages and would like to make the switch. Anybody have any comments?

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence

The NerdWorld Organisation