Matt Murphy on 21 Feb 2012 17:47:57 -0800

Re: [PLUG] ub 10 switch from kde to gnome

That brings up a question I have.  I've been using apt-get
automatically (unless fixing a dependency, then dpkg) ever since I
abandoned RPM-based distros.  Were I do remove with apt-get, I'd only
remove the specified meta package.  Does aptitude, by default,
aggressively traverse dependencies or something (such that it would
remove the entire tree)?

MM