Rich Freeman on 22 Feb 2012 11:39:54 -0800

Re: [PLUG] NTP rant

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't get a single Windows machine -- the vast majority of our servers and desktops -- to sync with it.  In fact, two of my senior co-workers can get it to work with windows, either.  Most things we have tried, unsuccessfully have been WAY more complicated than the working Linux and OS X.

Odd - I'm just running vanilla ntpd on linux and my windows boxes sync
to it just fine.  I am running samba on the same box, so maybe that is
stepping in somehow.

My config file is pretty vanilla, ending with:
restrict 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify nopeer notrap

Rich