Rich Freeman on 7 Apr 2012 03:07:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] revision control systems: your faves?

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 3:09 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> Oh yeah, everyone loves github, but Bzr has Launchpad, Hg has something, and
> Sourceforge.net lets you use any of them.

A bit off-topic, but having used both github and sourceforge I can't
really say the latter competes well.  There is a project I essentially
mirror in github simply so that I can tag releases and it creates and
hosts tarballs for me (unchanging tarballs are important for Gentoo
redistribution).  It just seems all-around better-integrated into the
git workflow.

I have to plug git as well - not necessarily because it is better, but
because that is what everybody uses, and you're going to need to learn
it sooner or later anyway.

Rich