artclemons@aol.com on 14 Apr 2012 14:13:16 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Mini netbook...

I would strongly suggest picking out a netbook that others have successfully installed OSX on. Your keyboard, wifi and trackpad all need to be supported. I strongly suggest taking a 16 gig or bigger flash with OSX &Ubuntu for reinstallation.

Paul Walker <starsinmypockets@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm headed across the pond for a tour and would like to bring along a small netbook with OSX or Ubuntu that I can use to do server administration and put out fires as it were, possibly even some development depending on my situation. I'd like to keep it cheap, without settling for junk. To this end I'm looking for:

1. Any heuristics regarding putting OSX onto a netbook
2. A machine if anyone has something they'd be willing to part with
3. A recommendation of what might work.

Thanks so much!

Paul