Rich Freeman on 29 May 2012 12:04:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] May Speakers?

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:39 PM, drew craig <axcraig@gmail.com> wrote:
> or Google + as a Fbook alternative

++
er,
+1  ;)

I've already got half the FOSS world in my FOSS circle anyway.

I already emailed Paul with an offer to present Gentoo Prefix at
North, and I'm sure I could make my way down to Central sometime for
that as well (though not this month).

I'm sure everybody is sick and tired of hearing from me, but I do run
MythTV at home, including a PXE front-end.  Nothing too special, but
it does make a good demonstration of integration since it does bring
in all the typical admin technologies like RAID, LVM, nfs, tftp, dhcp,
and so on.  Actually, the word "demonstration" isn't a good one since
it is pretty hard to actually demo mythtv without replicating all the
layers.  Maybe I can get mytharchive running again and transfer a few
programs to a VM.  I'd probably want to wait six months before I did
another talk, so if somebody else wants to jump on Myth by all means
go ahead.  I suspect that quite a few of us run it.

Rich