JP Vossen on 29 May 2012 12:08:28 -0700

Re: [PLUG] May Speakers?

Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 13:14:00 -0400
From: Jay Dobies<jason.dobies@redhat.com>

I'm the team lead and architect for Pulp, a software repository
management application that's being used, among other places, as the
content subsystem in Red Hat's System Engine product.
[...]

I've hesitated to present it because a.) I have yet to actually make it
to a meeting and haven't met anyone and b.) I get the impression that

Don't sweat that.

this group is largely Ubuntu based, but I may be wrong about that. That

Quite of a lot of us do use Debian & Ubuntu, but there is a very vocal Gentoo minority (hi Rich :), and we do use and enjoy other flavors. Some of us, myself included, use a lot of RHEL/CentOS at $WORK too, where it sounds like Pulp would be quite interesting.

said, while Pulp's version 1 release was entirely based around RPM
concepts, in version 2 I've rearchitected it to support pluggable
content types for non-RPM content, DEB packages being one of the first
on my radar.

Yeah, APT/deb support would be very cool.

If there's interest, I can do a presentation/demo at an upcoming West
meeting. As I'm very much on the developer side of things and not an
admin, any input y'all had to offer would be golden for me.

+1

Later,
JP