steve f on 18 Jun 2012 11:54:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Internships/volunteer work?

Try contacting Non profit groups ( United Way, Red Cross, etc ) If they are using Linux, they would welcome the " free" labor.  Looks good on a resume too, that you volunteered.  I did it many years ago for Win NT Admin work.

Good Luck,
Steve

From: sam.mxracer@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 14:30:50 -0400
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Internships/volunteer work?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM, kbenjamin Coplon <mr.gaga@gmail.com> wrote:
I  am a twelfth grade homeschooler with a strong desire to work within
the  free software community.   Linux has been my primary hobby for
three years. I am seeking the chance to increase my skills and am
eager to help with any projects in whatever way possible. My schedule
is flexible. Please contact me if you  have any ideas or leads.
Thank you very much.

http://paste.debian.net/175122/

Under experience, simply putting the project implies it's all yours.  You should probably be more specific with what you did with each project in order not to mislead.  It's best for us to be able to gauge your experience based on what you've done with those projects rather than guess what you did and accidentally assume the wrong thing.  This is no good for both you nor the person you would be working for because you may not get what you value and visa versa.

SAM