Casey Bralla on 1 Jul 2012 06:29:24 -0700

[PLUG] Rip a Protected Audio CD

So I legally bought this CD at a garage sale and am trying to rip it to my
music collection (like I do with all my other CDs)

Unfortunately, while I was able to play the disk in my car stereo without any
trouble, my system does not even recognize the disk as an audio disk.
cdparnoia reports:

  004: Unable to read table of contents header

  Unable to open disc.  Is there an audio CD in the drive?

I've tried several other rippers, but to no avail.  It looks like they
corrupted the table of contents.

Anybody have any suggestions about how to rip this disk?
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation