Conor Schaefer on 6 Jul 2012 08:17:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:
On 07/06/2012 11:02 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Eric at Lucii.org <eric@lucii.org> wrote:
The Galaxy Nexus sounds great. ÂI see I can get it from Verizon for $149 with a 2-year contract (AKA: enslavement agreement.) ÂI can get it direct from Google for $349 - but it's GSM only. ÂDecisions, decisions.

I was just doing comparision shopping, and if you're willing to forgo
the phone subsidy you can get 4 lines of unlimited voice+text and 2
lines with 2GB of data (with no overage charges - just throttling
above that) from T-Mobile for $100/month. ÂBy my math that is a

avoid T-Mobile if at all possible.

Oh, dear sir. I'd never leave this company. I was with AT&T for so many years, I'd completely forgotten what it was like to enjoy supporting a company with your dollars.
8 years of Verizon with nary a dropped call.
2 years of T-Mobile with dropped calls, bad service, no thought to the needs of the customers, and horrible coverage.

Verizon is vehemently against net neutrality (or "internet freedom", if you prefer): http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/07/verizon-net-neutrality-violates-our-free-speech-rights/

T-Mobile has the most respectful data privacy policy of any U.S. mobile broadband provider: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2011/09/secret-memo-reveals-which-telecoms-store-your-data-the-longest/

See here also: http://paranoia.dubfire.net/2011/03/negative-impact-of-at-purchase-of-t.html "While it is little known to most consumers, T-Mobile is actually the most privacy preserving of the major wireless carriers."

Just some food for thought.

And these are very large business plans.

--
ThermionicEmissions - the blog
http://leftystrat.blogspot.com