Rich Freeman on 6 Jul 2012 08:18:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM, jeff <jeffv@op.net> wrote:

> avoid T-Mobile if at all possible.
>
> 8 years of Verizon with nary a dropped call.
> 2 years of T-Mobile with dropped calls, bad service, no thought to the needs
> of the customers, and horrible coverage.

I've been using T-Mobile for 3.5 years now, and I can't say I've had
any more dropped calls than I had experienced on either AT&T or
Verizon before that.  I had one fiasco over the kids running up a
charge with them and not being able to get out of it, but I had an
even worse experience with Verizon - one of my motivations for getting
unlimited plans that are free of potential charges as scamming the
customer seems to be the MO of every cell company out there.  About
the only time I don't have coverage is if I'm in the middle of the
woods, which happens about once every two years.  Basically if I'm
standing somewhere and can see more than 5 buildings I have coverage,
and likely 3-4G at that.

Maybe if I lived in some less-populated area I'd be more concerned, or
if I was a camper/etc.

Rich