Art Alexion on 7 Jul 2012 08:24:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?

On Saturday, July 7, 2012, Michael Leone wrote:
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM, JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
> Giant reply to this thread...  Many thanks to all those who replied!
>
> Bottom line, it looks like I was operating under a mistaken assumption that
> you would at least sometimes need to plug a tablet into a "real" computer to
> "do stuff" (like my TomTom example or an MP3 player or camera).  The more I
> think about that the less sense it makes, but at the time...  What can I
> say?

I have to plug my iPad into my PC sometimes, since the wireless sync
won't work. Otherwise, all the syncing of stuff (media, ebooks, etc)
happens wirelessly. I imagine the Android tablets work tthe same way.

With those android tablets with SD cards, you can just plug in the SD into a computer or use the android device as an SD reader.

The trend is moving away from external SD, unfortunately.

--
artAlexion
Μιλάω ή γαϊδουρια κλάνωv?