Art Alexion on 7 Jul 2012 08:24:44 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?
- From: Art Alexion <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] Linux friendly tablet?
- Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 11:24:39 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=nl0yMMpLWDOdJxQqStmG4QC0h9hPKZ94aZwYpylvxgA=; b=nykoa/LbRvmdDRlOW8GXsFNKjF662icxUeDmVOfEPNuUVVm48FRv6mF9UZ+Q8jQp5U AzWQklLkgU3ZCBSPoEM9h53uLl2cdhctK5//6U5/l11+Bppf4EsMP7kUAGtVne5qqEEd QIW0eglTCyRLyMXWlJCzLLe8VRG1OeEDsZkNK+hOCJ4mE6OkOwDleE4OBCnhPdWVlV69 QKYdIThQGCFBpuAdjppQjG49TP1m3mwlvvKO212u25DTjFiIn8n1Oo5E+jptcEvLmsU0 L7l7mVTkcUUl4mViiix9ncb80GldrIN5ZH/PpYNB24YZc6gQENcQ6N/o5kireVq8dytw sfYw==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Saturday, July 7, 2012, Michael Leone wrote:
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM, JP Vossen <email@example.com> wrote:
> Giant reply to this thread... Many thanks to all those who replied!
> Bottom line, it looks like I was operating under a mistaken assumption that
> you would at least sometimes need to plug a tablet into a "real" computer to
> "do stuff" (like my TomTom example or an MP3 player or camera). The more I
> think about that the less sense it makes, but at the time... What can I
I have to plug my iPad into my PC sometimes, since the wireless sync
won't work. Otherwise, all the syncing of stuff (media, ebooks, etc)
happens wirelessly. I imagine the Android tablets work tthe same way.
With those android tablets with SD cards, you can just plug in the SD into a computer or use the android device as an SD reader.
The trend is moving away from external SD, unfortunately.
Μιλάω ή γαϊδουρια κλάνωv?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug