Jon Mosco on 7 Jul 2012 08:19:32 -0700

Re: [PLUG] So, That's it for Thunderbird

You would think that Mozilla would receive way to much feedback from the community regarding this matter, or we will have yet another fork.

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Rich Freeman <r-plug@thefreemanclan.net> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Lee H. Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:

> Not wanting to put all my business info in Google,  I've now switched to
> Zimbra.  That has it's own client or IMAP - and the native Android apps
> work with everything.

Is there any way to do native android with the Open-source edition of
Zimbra yet?  Their features page seems to suggest that Android might
be second class, and it is only available if you fork out $840 for
their network edition.

For a small business that isn't a bad deal (collaboration/etc for up
to 15 people), but if all you need is an email client/server for
personal use that seems a bit steep.

I'd definitely prefer to ditch proprietary cloud services like Gmail,
but it just seems like nothing else is comparable yet.

Rich