Rich Freeman on 7 Jul 2012 08:11:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] So, That's it for Thunderbird

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Lee H. Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:

> Not wanting to put all my business info in Google,  I've now switched to
> Zimbra.  That has it's own client or IMAP - and the native Android apps
> work with everything.

Is there any way to do native android with the Open-source edition of
Zimbra yet?  Their features page seems to suggest that Android might
be second class, and it is only available if you fork out $840 for
their network edition.

For a small business that isn't a bad deal (collaboration/etc for up
to 15 people), but if all you need is an email client/server for
personal use that seems a bit steep.

I'd definitely prefer to ditch proprietary cloud services like Gmail,
but it just seems like nothing else is comparable yet.

Rich