Lee Marzke on 25 Jul 2012 09:52:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Backup drive filling up

Just curious,  if the db behind Bacula goes down or the director how do you handle that?

Lee

--
Lee Marzke <Lee@Marzke.net> (Sent from Nexus 7 Tablet)

gary@duzan.org wrote:

=>
=> Out of curiosity, does anyone actually go back to backups that old to
=> restore something? The only time I've needed prior versions of anything,
=> or something deleted from the current copy, it's been code under version
=> control.
=>
=> I purge my rdiff-backup deltas whenever I get low on space on the backup
=> drive (so I only have older stuff if I haven't been making many changes
=> recently).

   I use Bacula, and I have anything older than a few months purged
automatically as needed.

                                   Gary Duzan