John Kreno on 16 Aug 2012 08:00:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] VLANs

He's saying that he's enabled a DHCP server on vlan 100, and he's
trying to get to clients on vlan 100 off of the Access Point. All of
that would be in the same broadcast domain, assuming that he has vlan
continuity through the switch.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Ron Mansolino <rmsolino@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which device is serving up the address assignments, and does it have an
> interface into that vlan? (DHCP is broadcast-y, doesn't everyone have to be
> on the same layer-2 domain?)
>

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Drew Lehman <dlehman@digitatech.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I'm at my wits end.  I'm hoping someone here has some VLAN experience.
>> I have client that needs to have a wireless guest SSID setup.  The WAP has
>> the ability to attach an SSID to a VLAN ID.  I have a main SSID on VLAN 1
>> and a guest on VLAN 100.  I have a switch capable of layer 3 switching (HP
>> Procurve 2910al) and an open source firewall, pfsense, that understands
>> VLANs.  I created a new VLAN/adapter on the pfsense firewall and enabled
>> GVRP on the switch.  I enabled DHCP on the guest VLAN (100), but I can't
>> seem to get an address on the guest VLAN.  Anyone seen anything similar to
>> this?

John Kreno

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary