Drew Lehman on 16 Aug 2012 13:39:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] VLANs

Ok, just for a heads up, I had to explicitly tag the ports for the pfsense and WAPs as being in the VLAN (so much for GVRP). That got the DHCP server to work. I added a rule to the VLAN virtual adapter to allow all access. With this I was able to get to the default VLAN, but not the Internet. I did some looking around and found out I had to add a route for that virtual adapter, even though I used the default gateway. Essentially I did this as the command prompt: route add -net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 gw 192.168.10.1 (the default gateway). I'm surprised I had to do this last step and that pfsense did not add a route by default for each new adapter.