Eric H. Johnson on 19 Sep 2012 09:04:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Debian packaging system

JP,

Good suggestion, unfortunately it did not work. I purged all of the
kernel-power modules, did a clean, deleted the files / folders under
var/lib/apt/lists, etc. Rebooted, and then re-installed all of the modules.
There was one difference that I noticed, I did not need to do a fix-missing,
which gave me some hope. It was quickly dashed when I tried to install
kernel-power-flasher, which gave exactly the same error.

I am baffled as to why no one else is seeing this problem. At least it has
not been reported on the forums that I can tell.

Thanks,
Eric

This may be a Bad Idea, but it works for me to fix "BADSIG" messages that I
get from time to time (I think due to a flaky package proxy server I haven't
gotten around to replacing).

Substitute 'apt-get' for 'aptitude' as needed, I *think* it'll work the
same:

aptitude clean
rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists
mkdir -p /var/lib/apt/lists/partial
aptitude clean
aptitude update

I suspect that I get cruft in '/var/lib/apt/lists/partial', and this may be
overkill.  But it works for me and my problem.  YMMV, this could break your
system, yadda, yadda, yadda...