Tim Heckman on 20 Sep 2012 21:45:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Debian packaging system

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Eric H. Johnson <ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:
JP,

Good suggestion, unfortunately it did not work. I purged all of the
kernel-power modules, did a clean, deleted the files / folders under
var/lib/apt/lists, etc. Rebooted, and then re-installed all of the modules.
There was one difference that I noticed, I did not need to do a fix-missing,
which gave me some hope. It was quickly dashed when I tried to install
kernel-power-flasher, which gave exactly the same error.

I am baffled as to why no one else is seeing this problem. At least it has
not been reported on the forums that I can tell.

Thanks,
Eric

Sounds like you're having dependency problems. It's saying that kernel-power-flasher depends on '1:2.6.28-10power50' but you are trying to install '1:2.6.28-10power51r1' which is not a valid dependency. It looks like versions newer than '1:2.6.28-10power50' are not supported, currently, by kernel-power-flasher.

The only option I can think would be to get the .deb file for '1:2.6.28-10power50' and install it using `dpkg`. You may then be able to install the kernel-power-flasher package as the right kernel version will be installed.

As a note, I don't own this device nor am I familiar with the specific flavor of Linux running on the device or its packages. I'm simply guessing based on the error message that is being spat out by the package manager.

-Tim