Eric H. Johnson on 21 Sep 2012 07:00:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Debian packaging system

Tim,

Got it. According to this:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/kernel-power/
the 51r1 package is in Extras-devel, while the latest stable version in
Extras is 50. I did not have the extras-devel repository enabled, but I did
have extras-testing. I uninstalled and purged everything per JPs
instructions, disabled the Extras-testing repository and re-installed. It is
now working, including Bluetooth tethering which was not supported in the
last version I had installed.

Thanks,
Eric

Sounds like you're having dependency problems. It's saying that
kernel-power-flasher depends on '1:2.6.28-10power50' but you are trying to
install '1:2.6.28-10power51r1' which is not a valid dependency. It looks
like versions newer than '1:2.6.28-10power50' are not supported, currently,
by kernel-power-flasher.

The only option I can think would be to get the .deb file for
'1:2.6.28-10power50' and install it using `dpkg`. You may then be able to
install the kernel-power-flasher package as the right kernel version will be
installed.

As a note, I don't own this device nor am I familiar with the specific
flavor of Linux running on the device or its packages. I'm simply guessing
based on the error message that is being spat out by the package manager.

-Tim