drc on 19 Nov 2012 05:17:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG West Winter meetings CANCELLED

I think those are all great ideas.  I think I mentioned before, that having talks about more general items can be more appealing and although there is a lot of experience in the room, I have found there is always something new to pick up on that maybe was forgotten or has gotten stale.
I think it would be interesting how people set up their machines, do their partitioning, how they run multiple disto's, vim configs, cool scripts and aliases like Fred mentioned.  Do you set up a start up config.  If you use thunar, do you use custom actions and what are they.  I've been using LaTeX lately, maybe a quick mention of that.
Plus discussions such as these may elicit more questions.
There are definitely lots of areas that may seem basic at first glance or not as fun as mythtv/mythbox, but when you dive in, there are treasures in there. Plus for new attendees or linux converts, a chance to share experiences, trials and tribulations, etc.

____
drew