Adam Zion on 26 Nov 2012 15:35:25 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
- From: Adam Zion <email@example.com>
- To: PLUG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [PLUG] Linux mixer
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:35:18 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=tmwUL7a9E3OVwHV71lVtgu61TtKP+4va/H0tVhOuXqg=; b=0ZmIvMY1BJ5oUfWmyePxzaU+c7UIZ+FmrZbRVz/D36q11go/pfg03hflhNRJB5mxH7 a9G4ojdnnI6E367KYD7YTR9s5gjSTUepxsXsmbpbhSaSNROwYjulphAhKgJkS+j2pgVZ CmOf4V3feI/s9ZHSkCPxVeFUPA7jyANP0tp18R3JXzT3pUlphRMW79R81yG1JrcR43Va qB8Bc6wDAb7hH+Bc+Mu4hhryRJKN5b7nHK2myP3HdOi5CPRfy/iOmZ5ZJ0AdlvaIW2gS S730mmr4OY5ab2QDoEFWa8tl/UfEZTRRAnBOwj8M8P2cNxZkYVkTD4AN4pm/hknEf1Y7 K6Cg==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
OK, an odd question (as if I have any other kind):
Based on recommendations from fellow PLUGgers, I have a M-Audio MobilePre audio device. Basically, this allows me to record instruments, vocals, etc. and generate audio, which I then pipe into an HTTP stream to perform on Second Life. However- and this is a big however- the device has no built-in mixing function. If I put my voice on one channel, and my guitar on another- so that I can control the level of each independently- they come off w/voice on one stereo channel, and guitar on the other. I can put them into the same audio channel and set that to mono, but that gives up all control.
Is there any linux mixing software that would combine these two tracks into a single track, so that I could stream *that* to HTTP rather than use the above kludges?
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug