Michael Lazin on 26 Nov 2012 15:37:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux mixer

Audacity will do multitrack mixing.

On Nov 26, 2012 6:35 PM, "Adam Zion" <azion1995@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, an odd question (as if I have any other kind):

Based on recommendations from fellow PLUGgers, I have a M-Audio MobilePre audio device. Basically, this allows me to record instruments, vocals, etc. and generate audio, which I then pipe into an HTTP stream to perform on Second Life. However- and this is a big however- the device has no built-in mixing function. If I put my voice on one channel, and my guitar on another- so that I can control the level of each independently- they come off w/voice on one stereo channel, and guitar on the other. I can put them into the same audio channel and set that to mono, but that gives up all control.

Is there any linux mixing software that would combine these two tracks into a single track, so that I could stream *that* to HTTP rather than use the above kludges?

Many thx,
-Z