JP Vossen on 21 Dec 2012 22:21:02 -0800

Re: [PLUG] VMware Workstation 8/9, Player 4/5 & Ubuntu 12.04, (& 12.10)

Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:41:27 -0500
From: "Eric H. Johnson"<ejohnson@camalytics.com>

The nested virtualization caught my attention. I was trying to play with
TAILS (part of the Tor project:https://tails.boum.org/). To build a custom
distro requires virtualization (VirtualBox) and TAILs is based on Debian. I
don't have a Debian based machine and without nested virtualization, means
Debian needs to be installed to bare metal.

You don't happen to know if one can nest a VM other than VMWare?

I don't sorry. I was actually kind of surprised that even VMware allowed it, though it does seem new. I dunno, that just feel kinda "icky" to me. :-) I do see how it can be quite useful in some special circumstances though.

Later,
JP