Ron Kaye Jr on 9 Jan 2013 15:12:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] "playing nicely with others"

 i use avg

 Ron Kaye Jr
914-7294734

On 01/09/13, jeff wrote:

On 01/09/2013 05:59 PM, Floyd Johnson wrote:
> I imagine you guys have similar LANs either at home or at the office,
> and my question for you is, "How do you gain the level of confidence
> with the Windows machines' security that you have with that of the Linux
> boxen?" For instance, is there a no-nonsense protective suite you
> recommend?

for me, it's more the way I use Windows than the programs.
Having said that, I use ZoneAlarm fw, avira av and scan weekly w
malwarebytes.

I don't get viruses and pretty much zero crapware by careful browsing.
No IE (where possible), Firefox w Noscript/ghostery/cookie monster. I
turn off javascript and cookies by default and avoid Flash where
possible (linux too).