Sam Gleske on 25 Jan 2013 06:14:02 -0800

Re: [PLUG] "playing nicely with others"

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Michael Leone <turgon@mike-leone.com> wrote:We don't have too many problems like that. The users aren't local
admins, so if they need software installed, they have to call us. We
log in as an acct with local admin rights, install, then leave it for
the user.

The most aggravation we've had with situations like that is software
for digital cameras, who insist on installing on the C: drive, which
we disable with the use of Group Policy.

There's very little Group Policy can't do, or secure. Knowing how to
use GP is the best security in a corporate setting.

In the "professional" and "ultimate" editions of Windows (also WinXPPro) gpedit exists on the local system too.  I believe it can be accessed using gpedit.msc when you use the run command dialog.  There's also the Admin Tools in the control panel which has additional options for security.