Sam Gleske on 25 Jan 2013 06:14:02 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] "playing nicely with others"
- From: Sam Gleske <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] "playing nicely with others"
- Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:13:36 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=1w3AtX2qvJxasBGDRd8IjnrsHHR0LdDcd6e1XrBd2Ew=; b=y92PZHQgs+JZwk05QD9wIt7vV6vYbTx1QdjqXciahV46Vjv734KkmtFRJtFO9SLxro e35z6yfsJXxAw8wnXRlXb3dU6owIycRNwgc0y1d8wohxJyI8BBMuXrwO8Bo5/Dirx1GD NHuRt1pRQcDQbnWySv49i7/hzoKHV7tE47jUdFmMh5ubVSbbFDPGKFwd0KHYK05B8eh/ uTjXt5SP41L4udVTXrREHcL7wnPKe2BwGdGEEyG0bxs8SglIrwdSpaVREfyKHJi1iPGz T9pHyok9xHkjHxkH637cYZHVZFN6GaWDEoytHuWaSrwCY1k4uddef5W/OT/g2lL4eC2x AN2A==
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Michael Leone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
wrote:We don't have too many problems like that. The users aren't local
admins, so if they need software installed, they have to call us. We
log in as an acct with local admin rights, install, then leave it for
The most aggravation we've had with situations like that is software
for digital cameras, who insist on installing on the C: drive, which
we disable with the use of Group Policy.
There's very little Group Policy can't do, or secure. Knowing how to
use GP is the best security in a corporate setting.
In the "professional" and "ultimate" editions of Windows (also WinXPPro) gpedit exists on the local system too. I believe it can be accessed using gpedit.msc when you use the run command dialog. There's also the Admin Tools in the control panel which has additional options for security.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug