Isaac Bennetch on 18 Jan 2013 06:07:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] "playing nicely with others"

On Jan 18, 2013, at 1:29 AM, Sam Gleske <sam.mxracer@gmail.com> wrote:

Used to use AVG but then it got over bloated.  I now use a combination of MS Security Essentials with Malwarebytes (paid).

This seems like a good time to mention this article I found yesterday on how Microsoft failed some certification test that I've never heard of before:
http://news.slashdot.org/story/13/01/17/2247245/microsoft-fails-antivirus-certification-test-again-challenges-the-results

http://ninite.com/ makes installing software in bulk really nice.

^^^ this. I've used this before and it's quite good at what it does...and I'm all about anything that lessens my workload. If you're on Windows, take a look. It's especially great if you're installing the same set of software repeatedly.

Almost like a package manager except for installing only.