Eric H. Johnson on 27 Jan 2013 09:14:32 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dual networking question

Eric,

I am not sure anyone mentioned this, or if you have anything in the way of a budget, but there are wireless access points and routers that can do this all in one box. Just look for wireless routers / access points supporting a "guest" network.

The public access would be over the guest network and internal use over the main network. You can find some starting in the $100 to $125 range.

Here is a very nice one from Cisco, but is almost $200.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081H8TRA/ref=asc_df_B0081H8TRA2365872?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=cnet-pc-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B0081H8TRA

My 80 year old father wonders when the sermons will start migrating to tablet type devices for the Bible passages,  hymns, etc.

If that should happen and the church is of any significant size, the extended range and number of simultaneous connections might justify the higher cost.

Regards,
Eric

Sent from my ASUS Pad