Rich Freeman on 28 Jan 2013 11:30:19 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dual networking question

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Eric at Lucii.org <eric@lucii.org> wrote:
> He's going to recommend we install three wireless routers that provide a separate 'guest' access.  That guest can only access the gateway and can't even ping an adjacent ip address on the network.  I'm going to press for the ip range to be expanded because while 255 addresses seems like enough today I have serious doubts about future growth.

If you're NATing the guest routers you can just set them to 10/8 and
forget about the rest.  At least, I can't see any reason why you
couldn't do that (though I have never set up multiple APs with a
common SSID - I don't know if switching between those triggers a new
DHCP lease - if not they'd need to share a common DHCP server and
subnet).

Rich