John BORIS on 28 Jan 2013 12:56:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] dual networking question

Working personally with my parish I understand how this has to be as
simple as possible. I know I don't want to bring my iPad, tablet or any
other device to church for a service. I do think it is more feasible
today to broadcast a service or sermon live and via Pod cast than it was
just a year ago. There are two long poles in this tent (no puns meant
here) Cost and computer technology support. Most churches are cutting
corners to make ends meet (at least in the Camden Diocese) so hiring a
good consultant to handle this is a pricey matter that they may cringe
at. But it is a revenue stream that you could get an advertiser to fund
the monthly Internet cost. Then it comes to the tech support. We all
know these things decide to go awry at the worst time. I have seen goofy
scenarios when our churches wireless microphone decides to act up. Or
they have to change the time of the chimes in the steeple. So a good
tech support system is needed.

John J. Boris, Sr.

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"

>>> Isaac Bennetch <bennetch@gmail.com> 1/28/2013 3:42 PM >>>
On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Eric H. Johnson
<ejohnson@camalytics.com> wrote:
> My 80 year old father wonders when the sermons will start migrating
to tablet type devices for the Bible passages,  hymns, etc.

We've (personally and friends of ours) been using first a laptop then
an iPad for about 12 years for looking up passages during services.
It's a lot easier than carrying a stack of books around and gives
access to all kinds of different versions and reference material.