tomdf on 12 Feb 2013 22:11:18 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Now: Live video stream of PLUG North meeting

I watched online tonight, but as you said, I couldn't see the slides.
Still, it was nice to have the option of not having to drive to the meeting from Cherry Hill, NJ.
I hope future meetings will be online as well.

I have a question that I hope isn't too far off topic.
My brother's email address for his business was "hijacked" causing the IP address to be listed on the Spamhaus Block List (and others).
His web hosting company then suspended his website/email account and said it would cost $500 to get the IP off the block lists so they could reactivate his account.
They said they had to pay to have the IP removed from some of the block lists and manually remove it from others.
Is this true?  All of the block list websites I've been able to find say the IP will delist automatically within 24 hours, if there are no new reports.
So I don't know if the web host is being truthful and my brother certainly doesn't want to pay the $500.00. (He pays $19.95 a month for hosting and email.)
All of this made me wonder if I could set up an email server for him quickly enough to get him working again, but I've never done it before.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom