Claude M. Schrader on 1 Apr 2013 08:20:10 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Need a Groupware/Calendar Recommendation

On 07:51 Mon 01 Apr     , David Coulson wrote:
> >Anybody have a recommendation?
> >
> Gmail - I'd have previously recommended Google Apps, but I don't
> think it is free anymore. But Gmail still gives you
> SMTPS/IMAPS/iCal, plus they have Exchange integration for push if
> your device supports it (I've only done it on IOS - assume it works
> on Android too).
>
> I gave up running my own mail environment years ago. Less hassle,
> and in the past 5-6 years Gmail/Google Apps availability has been
> excellent.
>
> David

I believe Google apps is still free for <10 users, but exchange access to
new free google accounts has been discontinued, as has caldav access. Google
is rapidly killing off the only things I used them for at this point.
Claude

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/12/15/google-dropping-activesync/
http://www.zdnet.com/google-do-what-you-want-with-reader-but-dont-kill-caldav-7000012628/