Matt Mossholder on 11 Apr 2013 08:06:51 -0700

Re: [PLUG] RAID for swap?

If your swap disappears, you're probably looking at several programs crashing, and maybe even a kernel panic. If you want to ensure availability, I would use one of the faster RAID methods for swap.

With regards to partitioning, you're going to need /boot mirrored between the devices, and the boot loader installed on both disks. You might be able to get away with having /boot reside in /, as long as you aren't utilizing LVM or anything else that requires a initrd/initramfs.

  --Matt

 Â --Matt