Eric H. Johnson on 1 May 2013 08:08:37 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Drive mapping on Endian Firewall VPN

Lee,

So far I have bypassed DNS and was trying hard coded IP addresses.

To answer your questions:
1. can you ping from external to internal machine.
Yes

2. Is the drive your mapping shared ?
Yes

3. are win machines both in the same "workgroup" ?
Yes

4. Make new drive mapping with IP address,  select "connect as a different
user,  and then use the proper credentials for the internal machine.
Basically did that except for connect as different user. I am trying to
connect as one of the users on the target machine, which I can do
internally.

The doc is not real clear on what "push" means. Do I need to enable push for
the internal network (i.e. 192.168.1.0/24)?

Thanks,
Eric

By default the extra VPN firewall is not enabled, so all internal (GREEN
zone) should be available.  If you setup DNS aliases for your internal host
they should also resolve over the VPN.    You might have to set the VPN
config
to push the DNS server IP to the client.

I haven't used the Windows OVPN client much, but if it connects
over OVPN, you should be same as internal client.   Can the same external
box mount the drive when connected internally ?

1. can you ping from external to internal machine.
2. Is the drive your mapping shared ?
3. are win machines both in the same "workgroup" ?
4. Make new drive mapping with IP address,  select "connect as a different
user,  and then use the proper credentials for the internal machine.

I've used Endian for years,  but have just switched to pfSense beta which
supports IPv6.