John Karr on 4 May 2013 10:52:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] HD's toast- any data recovery recommendations?

If had dying drives that would work only when either hot or cold. Also try different positioning. My general theory  is that most hard drive failures are mechanical and most of the time it is either the bearings or the motor wearing out.

Try leaving it in a warm place. Try leaving it in the freezer.