Julien Mills on 9 Jul 2013 12:03:14 -0700
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[PLUG] Large spreadsheets
- From: Julien Mills <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Subject: [PLUG] Large spreadsheets
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:03:06 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1373396587; bh=zX0QAagFn0xNQa40XgSPOWGosN3tYxKJa7DZk9EiJ5c=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=xMfxbHjzW5rgUlIGTqLIdqQwFsOEx2v0Tdjqg5TY/b7em72dP71WhZvZ+MONg4mbFO1Vrw/U15h/C4GVoVRp0Lp6gM5/Js/Svps9KVnYKVxn5zXFCS3cGGS49X/4sicgbPxFFQ40goh67lReuqXH+/OSxN+UEei2c1AoFlcW1jU=
- Reply-to: Julien Mills <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Does anyone have any recommedations for spreadsheet programs which can open large spreadsheets?
I'm working on a spreadsheet which I didn't think was all that big, I've tried LibreOffice and Gnumeric so far and both are painfully slow, Gnumeric is faster than LibreOffice. But it takes minutes to open and then minutes to save.
Excel running in a Windows virtual machine is faster than either one.
the other Julien
Julien Mills email@example.com
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug