Douglas Muth on 9 Jul 2013 12:10:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Large spreadsheets

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Julien Mills <julienfmills@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey all,

Does anyone have any recommedations for spreadsheet programs which can open large spreadsheets?

How many rows?

I'm working on a spreadsheet which I didn't think was all that big, I've tried LibreOffice and Gnumeric so far and both are painfully slow, Gnumeric is faster than LibreOffice. But it takes minutes to open and then minutes to save.
Excel running in a Windows virtual machine is faster than either one.

In that case, why not run Excel in the VM?  It seems like the most sensible solution.

-- Doug