Paul L. Snyder on 12 Aug 2013 18:32:50 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG North, Tue, Aug 13, 2013 - Introducing Project.Phree, presented by Brent Saner (at CoreDial in Blue Bell, 7pm)

This month, PLUG North welcomes Brent Saner, who will be giving
a presentation about Project.Phree:

  What happens when three friends, some beer, cheap hardware, and big
  dreams get together? Hint: not a sitcom. Learn about the benefits (and
  pitfalls) of deploying a city-wide wireless mesh network.

  Using B.A.T.M.A.N.-Advanced, a provisioning system, and a ton of TP-Link
  WR1043ND routers along with a multitude of cheap high-gain antennas, it
  is possible to build a large-scale wireless mesh network that not only
  provides Internet access to impoverished neighborhoods but also to unite
  Philadelphia into a tighter-knit community. Iâ??ll be discussing what work
  has been done in this project so far (getting a little technical), how we
  accomplished it, future plans, and how you can get involved.

    http://www.phreewifi.org/

Come and talk with other Linux users about Free and Open Source Software!
Never been to a meeting before?  New to Linux?  Please help us plan an
series of new-user-friendly talks.

The meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 13, from 7-9pm (7-8
General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial in Blue Bell, PA.

 CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

  1787 Sentry Parkway West
  Suite 100 (Building 16)
  Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.