Jonathan Simpson on 13 Oct 2013 04:54:24 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Plug Social

On 10/13/2013 7:46 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Jonathan Simpson
<jonathan@jdsnetwork.com> wrote:
Chick's tavern in bridgeport has a private room in the back, I was thinking
of asking them.

There's also Michael's deli on 202 in KOP which has, I think, 2 private
rooms, the smaller of which might fit us well.

I have a projector and screen from FOSSCON that we can use if we do this
regularly and want to do real presentations.

I think this is a great idea.  If somebody wants to do a lightning
talk that's fine, but I don't think that needs to be an essential
element for us to get together.  As it is we seem to struggle to come
up with talks for the regular meetings.  If somebody has a talk
prepared it probably would make more sense to have them give it in a
conference room and have us do general discussion around the dinner
table, instead of doing general discussion in a conference room and
then try to set up a presentation in front of the dinner table.

Other suggestions:
1.  I'd try not to start too late if we're doing this during the week.
2.  I'd try to arrange the location to be somewhere generally near a
turnpike exit.

Rich
Lightnings could certainly be optional. I'm always up for a quick talk about something myself.

On 1, I was thinking 6:30pm?

On point 2, I think Michael's works well. It's only a few minutes from the mall and its collection of exits from 76, 276, and 422.

The only downside is the lack of septa, but I can probably do a pickup from Norristown TC if someone needs that.

There may also be locations in the Plymouth meeting area or Conshohocken, both of which have ramps to 476, but I feel like KOP has the nice property of being vaguely between North and West. We could also change up the location from time to time, if we find a few decent spots to host us. I'm going to call over to Michael's today and see what it takes to get use of that room.