Rich Freeman on 17 Nov 2013 18:26:02 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Comcast, Cable Cards, Antenna, and HD-Homerun Experiences?

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Louis Kratz <louis.kratz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've read through the PLUG archives (good stuff BTW); and saw a lot of users
> have had success with the HD-Homerun and Comcast.
> For you who have:
> 1) Do you have a list of channels that are blocked by DRM (i.e., copy-once
> or copy-never)? I am mostly interested in low-cost packages. I've read all
> broadcast channels are required to be copy-freely.
> 2) Have you noticed any change since Thursday? The QAM switch effectively
> disabled my dvr entirely.

So, this is on FIOS, so it may be of only limited usefulness, but I
have an HDHomeRun Prime and it works great.  I can tune any channel
other than the premiums (HBO, Showtime, etc).  The mid-tier channels
are all fine (Discovery, History, etc).

Drives me nuts that I can't even watch HBO on free preview weekends.
And they wonder why people find alternative sources of their favorite
programs - no copy-once bit set on those...

Rich