Eric at Lucii.org on 28 Feb 2014 08:03:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options

I'm thinking of the same thing and would be interesting in
hearing about other options.

The FiOS bill is "ouch" - even without the premium channels.
I'd like to go to a simple business Internet account and then
purchase a Roku box or something similar.  I already have a
VOIP account with Flowroute but I'll probably get a static IP
to route the calls reliably (ouch, more $.)

One concern is that Netflix streaming through Verizon is simply
not usable apparently due to their ongoing fight with Cogent
(or other, more sinister reasons.)  I've heard that using a VPN
service gets around that so that adds $5 or $10 a month.
Another ouch :-(  What is a good VPN service?  I know of cotse.net
but would like to hear of other's experiences.

I may even consider switching to Comcast if the service/price
comparisons are favorable.  Although, I've only had one outage
on FiOS (their cheap-ass router died) in 5 years which is a
vast improvement from Comcast before that.

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas
#