gary on 28 Feb 2014 09:54:10 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options

=> One thing that bothers me about FiOS is being forced to rent their
=> hardware.  We have one DVR and two set-top boxes, and pay $30 a month in
=> rent.  Has anyone bought hardware for FiOS?
=>
=> --
=> Greg Helledy

   You should be able to use a CableCard device with FiOS, though I
haven't done it myself.

http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/other+hardware/cablecards/cablecards.htm

   In fact, I believe the rental boxes still have CableCard hardware built
into them. There are still lots of features that won't work with a
non-VZ box, though, and the the above link should explain them.

                                     Gary Duzan

=>