Chris Ochsenreither on 28 Feb 2014 20:38:46 -0800
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] no frills computer advise
- From: Chris Ochsenreither <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] no frills computer advise
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:38:41 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=message-id:from:to:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding:content-type:in-reply-to:references :subject:date; s=smtpout; bh=yqszVbpYw+WdrSLZqE6fX8/r2Jc=; b=pOl N0bWOF1QciQizXctsBuvWqUBRh/7lf0AZgoXIZpn+izkyPgnhpgU66TfEEuHqffA WfzKvmG4pH5YSDHBEtKL1h7ZmXzLGZ/TMziZwjMzODXiCaoyJZJH5etSTWdVdiKL NxlK/k7jBF7DBel5L0kNOSJnpckQdsfucI0pp450=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: "plug" <email@example.com>
In '08 I went to Microcenter in St. David's and one of the
associates helped me put together a kit. I explained the kind of
software I'd be using and that I'd be running Ubuntu. The associate
picked out the motherboard, CPU, heat sink, power supply, memory based
on my criteria. To this day it runs great and I later added a graphics
card (again based on MC associate recommendation) and I've had no
minus hard drives / DVD drive and network card I carried over from
previous PC I spent $350. The specs are way dated now (core 2 duo
32-but) but at the time it was a better machine than a power spec in comparable price range.
I also feel parts carry-over is a big plus.
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014, at 05:29 AM, Keith Brown wrote:
i am looking for a no frills desktop computer. I will be running Linux on it. I really like PowerSpec because of their warrant and location which is Microcenter near to Villanova.
Are there any other brands similar to that? Has anyone has expererience with Costo's CyberPower?
I've had bad experience with building a PC from parts because so I want to avoid that and ofcourse I want to avoid a Mac (which my girlfriend insists I have)
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug