JP Vossen on 3 Mar 2014 13:24:35 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Cord Cutting Options

On 02/28/2014 04:29 PM, Chris Ochsenreither wrote:
Just wanted to add (and I suppose that this doesn't apply to a lot of
folks who want channels) that if you want ONLY internet Comcast offers
a 1-year introductory rate of 29.99 / month for "Performance" level.

Interesting.  For me it's +$10.

Internet only is what I want, and I just checked http://www.comcast.com/internet-service.html and it has "25Mbps Performance" for $39.99 for "New Customer Offers in Collegeville, PA 19426". Oddly it also has "6Mbps Performance Starter" for $49.95... Not sure why you pay more to get a lot less.

We're grandfathered into a "FiOS Internet 20/5" plan I don't think they've offered for a long time, which is $67.99/mo. (No TV or phone, and I have Ethernet right out of the ONT, though it refuses to let go of an old MAC address so I have to spoof that on my firewall.) Now according to http://www.verizon.com/home/fios-fastest-internet/ for 15/5 they want $50/mo for year1 then $70/mo for year2 with a 2 year agreement? I don't think so!

I guess I should call Verizon and mention the $40 Comcast plan and see what happens...

Later,
JP