Eric H. Johnson on 4 Mar 2014 12:41:48 -0800

[PLUG] Back to wordpress

All,

Per my inquiries from last week, I rebuilt the VPS hosting wordpress and did a manual install of 3.8.1. I got the base wordpress up. I then did the migration of porting the database and copying over the wordpress folders wp-content and a couple the developer created, changed ownership, permissions, etc. but just got a blank screen. The log file showed incorrect paths for several files it was trying to access (up one level) so I repointed Apache2 to the appropriate folder rather than having to add “/wordpress” to the link.

The actual site still goes to a blank page, however what is new is that I cannot get into wp-admin. It lets me login, but then says “you do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” I go in through phpmyadmin and can see the one user, ‘admin’. I do not see the permissions however or if it is even in that table. Is there a way for me to force the permissions through phpmyadmin? I don’t think it can be file permissions under wp-admin as the owner for all files is root:www-data and permissions are –rw-rw-r--.

Thanks,

Eric