Maguires on 4 Mar 2014 16:26:01 -0800

[PLUG] Using IPv6 with dynamic endpoints

Rich,

My understanding is that if you are using Dynamic Endpoints with a tunneled IPv6 setup you have to run additional software to automatically update the tunnel broker tables each time the dynamic Ip is reset on the client side.

One way is manually on the brokers site another is to use an automated protocol like Heartbeat if your tunnel broker is using Heartbeat resetting the client will automatically update the tunnel routing tables. Or shutting down the client completely and rebooting will automatically restart the tunnel and this will cause the brokers router endpoint addresses and ports to be updated for your client.

The suggestions from Gary about using either of those 2 free brokers would be where I'd start,though SixX is the only one using Heartbeat. I'm sure Hurricane has some method of handling dynamic addressing.

Lee Maguire