Malcolm on 12 Mar 2014 16:11:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Slightly OT: Active user groups for M$ developers in the area?

On 3/12/2014 2:00 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Ed Roper <ed.roper@golevelone.com> wrote:
I hope this inquiry isn't too off topic, but googling hasn't provided much
results. I'm a fervent advocate for Linux, and love this group's mailing
list and meetings, I'm having trouble finding any developer related groups
with as active a user base. Unfortunately, I work mostly in the M$
technology stack.

Anybody still using MS these days?  :)

At $work we've actually migrated from linux to MS (which MS loved, I'm sure), and before that were in the weird situation of the "LAMP" stack having the "M" (db layer) being MS-SQL (for legacy reasons). The "P" was perl, not PHP, thankfully. Much to my own surprise, I found myself actually liking C#.

I'm also out in the northern suburbs (much of the way to Trenton), so mailing lists rather than in-person tends to be my place to lurk.