jeff on 17 Mar 2014 08:24:21 -0700

[PLUG] Syslog?

I had asked a while back about a decent syslog system. Was wondering if anything had changed.

My main focus is correlation. Syslog outputs to that lovely advancing wall of text. What alternative is there to grep(ing) and regex(ing), possibly with a GUI? I'm looking to log-monitor a load of servers that run The Other OS. Would prefer to stay linux-based.

We're non-profit and can't afford what we'd like soon. We tried Alienvault but that was an unqualified mess.

Yours in GUI....

-jeff